Looking to work at Amazon? Well, you have definitely picked the best company then! Yes, most of us know Amazon as the tech giant that offers amazing deals to its customers. Yet, they are also very popular for one other thing; their employee benefits and perks. Amazon always wants to ensure that the amazon employees are happy with the way they are treated.
The benefits that Amazon offers are the ones that keep the Amazon workforce Staffing jobs diligently working. This in turn helps the company grow even bigger and successful. Employee engagement and loyalty is something Amazon strives to achieve with the help of its brilliant Amazon work culture.
What are the Amazon Benefits and Perks
Before we get down to what the benefits and perks include, here is a little detail about them. Headquartered in Seattle, Amazon.com, Inc is a multinational technology company. The company is responsible for providing services like digital streaming, artificial intelligence, digital streaming etc. to people across the globe.
Established by Jeff Bezos in Bellevue in the year 1994, Amazon is responsible for employing 750,000 people. Amazon workforce staffing helps them run their business across the globe successfully. Customer satisfaction is always Amazon’s main aim. To ensure this, Amazon wants to make sure that the amazon workforce is a happy one! Under the Amazon Employee Benefits and Perks program, Amazon ensures that Amazon employees have a steady income growth. Amazon also offers its employees post-retirement benefits like savings plans and welfare benefits.
Amazon truly offers its employees the best benefits when compared to other companies. Here is a list and a brief about each of the benefits offered by them.
- 401(k) plans: Amazon is responsible for helping with the employee’s contribution.
- Life insurance: Upon the death of an Amazon employee, the company helps the deceased employee’s family monetarily.
- Health insurance: Each employee of Amazon is entitled to health insurance. The plans are customized to meet the demands of the employees.
- Health Savings Account: Amazon helps with the payment of medical bills for its employees
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance: Upon the dismemberment or accidental death of an employee, the company offer’s their family monetary compensation.
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance: Amazon provides help to the families of employees facing medical issues
- Employee Assistance Program: The company offers 24/7 confidential support in terms of resources to assist employee recovery better.
- Support Network: In case of life-threatening illnesses, employees get financial counselling and estate planning assistance.
- Stock purchase plan: Amazon Restricted Stock Units are available to employees to grant and vest in.
- Parental Leave: Ramp Back and Leave Share programs are given to parents who want to spend more time with their children.
- Adoption assistance: Amazon compensates its employees for expenses incurred during an adoption process like those of travelling, attorney fees and court costs.
- Paid time off: Employees get paid time off should they ever need it to vacation or for a sick leave
- Employee discount: Employees can avail of discounts on Amazon products and services
- Tuition assistance: Amazon offers 95% prepayment of tuition and textbook costs for students and any other related fees.
These are the benefits and perks that Amazon offers its employees. However, there are a few benefits that employees seem to be drawn to, in particular.
- Medical benefits
- Dental and Eye cover
- Fully paid maternity leave of 16 weeks
- Fully paid paternity leave of 6 weeks
- 401(k), 50% match
- Paternity and Maternity leaves
- Disability coverage
A few benefits are valid for both full-time and part-time jobs of Amazon employees. These include medical insurance and dental and vision coverage. 2 weeks of paid leave on offer and so is a 3 week paid vacation time.
There are a few more that employees absolutely adore:
Under Amazon’s Career Choice program, both their full-time and part-time employees are eligible to opt for prepayment of 95% of tuition fees. This is when the employees opt for courses in in-demand fields notwithstanding whether they will be important for a future career at Amazon. These skills also include paralegals, medical technicians, solar panel installers or even robotics engineers.
Amazon offers its employees a 24/7 platform where they can seek assistance and support from the company. This support is confidential in nature and offers help to its employees whether it is professional or personal in nature. From helping with financial counselling to offering assistance in case of an employee dealing with their child’s developmental disabilities.
Dental & vision insurance for part-time workers:
Part-time workers also enjoy health benefits and even dental and vision insurance. This is even if they work for more than 20 hours a week. Amazon takes the responsibility of paying the premiums of these insurances in full for the workers.
A lot of people are now looking to adopt children. Full-time employees at Amazon are thus also provided with amazing adoption assistance for both domestic and international adoptions. Amazon provides the employees with benefits like paying for the court costs, attorney fees and even travelling if needed. Amazon also offers paid leaves to its employees before and after the adoption process has gone through, if needed!
Do the benefits differ?
Sometimes the benefits that are offered to specific job profiles are not offered to others. That isn’t the case when working at Amazon! The company maintains an impartial approach when it comes to offering benefits to its employees. Notwithstanding the job position an Amazon employee might be in, the perks and benefits remain the same.
Both full-time and part-time employees have the same benefits. This includes life, health, disability and dental insurance. There is one difference, however. Compared to full-time employees, part-time employees get less paid leaves.
Whether it is Amazon or some other company a job seeker wants to join, it is important to know the employee benefits that they offer. When it comes to Amazon, their employee benefits make them very attractive to potential job seekers. They offer insurance plans, discounts and paid leaves for vacations to long maternity and paternity leaves and child adoption support. This is rarely the case with most companies.
To top this off, employees also get catered lunch every day, a gym in the office and reimbursement of transit fees to name a few things. All in all, Amazon not only caters to the wishes of its customers but it also takes care of its own people beautifully!