Shower trays could make all the difference in a bathroom day to day life as it’s proven to increase circulation and give you a bit of space, in addition to making your time in the restroom more functional, personable, and therapeutic.
What is a shower tray?
A shower tray is a raised platform in a shower that provides a flat, stable surface on which to stand while showering. A shower tray also helps to contain water within the shower space and can make cleaning the shower easier.
How to measure a shower tray
When measuring your shower tray, you need to consider a few things. Firstly, you need to think about the size of your shower. This will dictate the size of the shower tray. It would help if you also thought about the shape of your shower. Is it square, rectangular, or round? This will also dictate the form of your shower tray. Lastly, it would help if you thought about the height of your shower. This is important because you need to ensure that the shower tray is high enough to allow water to flow away easily but not so high that it’s challenging to get in and out of the shower.
Read Also: Home improvement and The Handyman
Steps on taking out an old bathtub and installing a new one
1. Open the windows in the bathroom to ventilate the space and prevent inhaling too many fumes from the cleaning products.
2. Put on rubber gloves and safety goggles. Use a claw hammer to pry off any caulk or molding around the perimeter of the bathtub.
3. Unscrew the drain cover with a screwdriver and remove the screws that secure the tub to the floor joists with a power drill.
4. Lift the tub out of its nook and place it on its side in an empty bathroom area.
5. Scrape any remaining caulk or sealant from around the perimeter of the alcove with a putty knife.
6. Place a shower tray in the nook and mark where you need to make holes for the drain and faucet fixtures.
7. Use a power drill to make holes for the drain and faucet fixtures. Then, apply silicone sealant around the outside rim of the shower tray.
8. Set the shower tray and secure it to the floor joists with screws. Next, attach the drain assembly to the drain hole and tighten it with pliers.
Advantages of using a shower tray
There are several advantages to using a shower tray instead of a standard shower stall. A shower tray is easier to keep clean because there are no nooks and crannies for dirt and grime to build up in. They are also more slip-resistant than a standard shower, making them a good choice if you have young children or elderly family members. Shower trays are also generally more affordable than shower stalls, making them an excellent option for budget-conscious homeowners.
Disadvantages of using a shower tray
You should be aware of several disadvantages of using a shower tray before making a purchase:
- They are not as durable as some other types of shower enclosures and can crack or break if they are not adequately cared for.
- They can be challenging to clean and maintain since mildew and mold can quickly build up on the surface.
- They are not as spacious as some other types of showers, which can make showering feel cramped and claustrophobic.
Where can you take measurements for free?
There are a few places you can take measurements for your shower tray, but online is the best place to do it for free. There are a few different websites that will allow you to input your dimensions and then estimate what size shower tray you need. This is a great way to get an idea of what size shower tray you need without paying for it.
A guide to identifying the best type of material for your needs
When choosing a shower tray, there are many options on the market. However, it is essential to identify the best material for your needs to enjoy a long-lasting product.
Different types of materials are used in shower trays, including acrylic, stone resin, and gel coat. Acrylic is a strong and durable material that is easy to clean and maintain. Stone resin is another popular option due to its elegant appearance and good value for money. Finally, Gelcoat is a more premium material that offers a high level of durability and resistance to scratches and stains.
When choosing a shower tray, it is essential to consider the size of your bathroom and the type of shower you have. For example, if you have a small bathroom, you may want to opt for a corner shower tray to save space. On the other hand, for a luxurious wet room-style shower, a large square or rectangular shower tray would be an ideal choice.
Once you have considered the above factors, you can narrow down your options and choose the best type of material for your needs Shower Trays