The technical advancements paved the way for the birth of on-demand apps. The arrival of mobile apps is one of the fruitful results of digitization. Last year, it was very uncertain, and almost all our lives had a drastic change. But thanks to on-demand apps like taxi booking and food delivery that offered us a plethora of services at our doorsteps. Without these apps, it would have been impossible for us to have survived.
The taxi business is highly lucrative, and even before their shift towards taxi booking software, taxi owners were earning considerably well. This is the nature of the taxi market. However, when the taxi booking apps came into existence, the traditional taxi agencies had a tough time surviving. But now, they have transformed their businesses into digitized taxi booking services. This is the enormous scope for setting up a taxi booking app.
Are you interested in competing with the top players in the market? Then, keep reading this blog throughout. This blog is all about giving valuable insights about developing a robust and ravishing Uber clone app for competing in the global taxi market.
What are the different types of business models associated with taxi booking apps?
When developing an Uber clone, understand that there are various business models which you can adapt for your business. However, according to your budget and feasibility, you can choose your own business model.
This is a model where you can establish a forum for the drivers and customers to meet each other. You will enhance the relationship between the drivers and users by handling the taxi bookings. When the users request a ride in your app, the software will identify the drivers from a nearby location. The drivers who are ready to carry on with the ride will accept the request and reach their pick-up location. This is how you will act as an aggregator.
For each ride, the users will pay their ride fare along with charges for your booking services. Apart from this, the drivers will pay you a commission for each ride they have undertaken from your app. This is one of the widely accepted models as it assures high revenue generation for businesses.
In this model, you can also levy various other additional charges from the users. These fees will also boost your revenue in several folds.
This model is highly adapted by businesses that own their taxi operating units. The taxi companies will have their own software through which they will undertake rides from people. This is not the same as how aggregator apps conduct their business by acting as an intermediary. Here, the business owner need not have to pay any commission fees, and the fares paid for the rides will reach them directly.
Notable features you should not miss in your Uber clone app
Have a look at the notable features you should include in your taxi booking app,
- The easy registration process helps users to register swiftly using their email address, phone number, or social media accounts.
- The app should record all the trip details and transaction histories. This is displayed as a trip history panel that can be viewed by the users at any time.
- The in-built GPS will help the users in tracking their rides in real-time. So, with this, they can locate their cabs efficiently.
- Enable users with multiple payment options so that they can pay feasibly according to their comforts. Try including major payment segments like card payments, net banking, etc.
- While booking the rides, the users should get an estimate of the rides. The distance, time, and various other external factors have to be concerned while calculating the fares.
- The driver panel of the app should have a location tracking feature to identify the exact location of the riders. Instead of talking over phones, the drivers can effectively track their pick-up locations.
- The fare calculator will calculate the trip fares by calculating and considering various other factors like climatic conditions, traffic congestions, etc.
- Most importantly, include an admin panel to record all the transactions and activities. Through this, you can analyze the earnings and performance of the drivers effectively.
What is the expenditure to develop your robust Uber clone app?
The budget for taxi app development is based on various factors. In simple terms, the app development costs are determined by the factors you choose to include in them.
However, you can also choose to develop the app from a white-label taxi app solution. Since it is in-built with the business models and features, entrepreneurs can instantly launch the app.
Let us what these factors are,
Platform – There are different types of app platforms like Android, iOS, and Web-based. These platforms vary from each other in the development phase. So, opting for a platform to run the app will also impact the cost.
Design – The UX/UI design of the app is an essential feature to attract users. The high-end graphical segments you choose for the app will definitely cost you a lot of money.
Advanced features – The advanced features of an app will consume a lot of space which eventually increases the app size. When the size increases, you end up paying a large amount of money.
The taxi business market constantly grows at every phase and has become a necessity among people. So, if you are ready to launch your taxi booking app, with no further delay, find your app development. Jot down your ideas to develop your perfect and competitive app.