Today we will try to give you detailed information about Virabhadrasana 2. As you know. This asana is named after Veerbhadra, the brave soldier of Shiva. Hence the name Aisha of this asana. Because by doing this asana our body becomes strong.
This asana is known as warrior pose in English. For your information, let us tell you that Virabhadrasana is done in three ways. This asana protects us from many diseases. The practice of Virabhadrasana benefits our bodies a lot.
What is Virabhadrasana 2?
Virabhadrasana 2 is named after the incarnation of Virabhadra, an Abhay warrior, born from the hair of Lord Shiva. This asana forms a brave pose, which strengthens the muscles of the hands, shoulders, thighs, and waist.
Virabhadrasana is one of the powerful Yogasana, the practice of which gives stability, smoothness, and strength. If you practice Virabhadrasana 2 continuously for several months, it makes you very powerful.
3 Days Yoga Retreat in Rishikesh is a great way to gain in-depth knowledge about different yoga asanas & meditation techniques.
Method of doing Virabhadrasana 2 –
- Stand with both feet spread at a distance of 3 to 4 feet as per convenience.
- Rotate the right foot 90 degrees to the right and turn the left foot 15 degrees to the right. Make sure that the right is in line with the left leg.
- Raise both the hands parallel to the shoulder and bring them on the line of the right-left shoulder and turn the palms down.
- Both hands should be parallel to the ground. While exhaling, bend the right knee, so that the right thigh becomes parallel to the ground behind the knees.
- Keep in mind that the right knee and right ankle should be in a straight line and the thigh should make a 90-degree angle.
- The knees should not go beyond the ankle, turn the head to the right and look at the palm on your right side. Keep the left leg fully stretched. Don’t let your knees bend. Keep your hands stretched too.
- Stabilizing in the posture, slowly lower the pelvic floor and become stable in this posture like a warrior. Keep smiling. While going down, keep breathing in and out evenly. If there is any problem, then contact the yoga specialist.
- This is the perfect position of the asana. Stay in this for 20 to 30 seconds. Later the time can be increased after practice. While inhaling, rise and stand back doing the opposite action.
- While exhaling, slowly bring both hands down. Rest with your hands tied back. Now repeat this action from the left side also and become situated in the posture. This can be repeated up to 2 to 5 times according to the capacity.
Rules for doing Virabhadrasana 2 –
Wearing loose clothes at a slow pace should be done while feeling pleasure and happiness. Yoga should be done in the open air or a well-ventilated room. When we stretch the body, we have to breathe in and when we compress the body, we have to exhale. Where this thing is not understood, then you can breathe naturally.
Benefits of Virabhadrasana 2 –
Virabhadrasana 2 strengthens the arms, legs, and waist. Creates balance in the body and increases endurance. The state of mind becomes calm or cheerful. Energy starts being generated in the body. It is very beneficial and encouraging for those who work while sitting.
Very effective and easy to remove shoulder stiffness. By doing Virabhadrasana, there is relief from knee pain, back pain, etc. It helps in making the feet, ankles, shins, knees, thighs, and waist strong and shapely.
The spinal cord becomes active, strong, and flexible. The muscles get stronger. The fat of the waist, thighs, and calves is reduced. Daily practice of this asana reduces stress and gives peace to the mind.
Time to do Virabhadrasana 2 –
You should take special care of time while doing any asana. You should practice Virabhadrasana 2 in the morning. Before practicing this asana, you must keep one thing in mind. Whenever you practice this asana, do not take food before that.
Care should be taken while doing Virabhadrasana 2 –
Virabhadrasana 2 should be done properly. If you have neck or back pain, do not do it. Do not do this in case of high blood pressure and low blood pressure. Do not do it to the patient with insomnia. Pregnant women should not do it after 3 months. All asanas are prohibited during menstruation and fever. You should practice this asana under the supervision of an expert.