Who does not wish to have a healthy skin glow, but the sun can damage the skin. When you are too much exposure to the sun, you become more prone to the issues like wrinkles, age spots and there is a high risk of skin damage.
Not only the skin, but the summer sun also causes severe damage to the mind as well. Both the inner and outer temperature rises in summer, causing heat exhaustion or heat stroke in people. The environment becomes unfavorable for living and the body temperature may also get increased as the temperature rises.
Heatstroke is the most common problem encountered by people in the summer season. It is a very serious condition that should not be neglected at any cost.
When you spend too much time at high temperatures, your body may get overheated and its temperature gets increased than the normal temperature. The rise in temperature can damage your organs as well.
Don’t make your body absorb more heat than it can handle. You will find the occurrence of heatstroke by knowing the following signs and symptoms.
- Quick breathing
- Increased heart rate
- Redness of skin
- Vomiting or nausea feeling
- Extreme sweat and dizziness
Heatstroke occurs due to less fluid levels in the body or due to dehydration. If you are not sipping enough water to balance the fluids that get lost due to excessive sweating. Some people are making these mistakes, there are high chances of suffering from heatstroke.
You find any person suffering from heatstroke, help them with the first aid treatment that is proven to be helpful.
- Take the patient to a shady area, reduce the clothing and apply cool water to the skin. Switch on the fan to encourage sweating and evaporation. Place the ice packs under the armpits of the patient.
- If the person is in the condition of drinking fluids, make them drink cool water or any cool beverage that does not have caffeine or alcohol.
- Keep a check on the body temperature of the patient by using a thermometer and make cooling efforts until the body temperature gets to normal.
- You can call the emergency services immediately for help. If in case they arrive late, you can follow the instructions to handle the victim. Taking help on an immediate basis is the most important thing you can take to help the patient. In the case, the ambulance arrives late, take the patient to the air conditioning Sydney environment or to a cool place so they feel a bit relaxed.
What are some effective cooling strategies to try?
- Switching on the fan over the patient and making their skin wet with the water by using a sponge
- You can also apply ice packs to the patient over the areas like the armpit, neck, and back to provide relief. All these areas are rich with blood vessels that are close to the skin and making them cool and also work to reduce the body temperature.
- Make them immersed in the shower or tub of cool water. This can provide some relief to the patient from heat exhaustion.
- Exercise can also cause heat stroke to occur; this is known as exertion heatstroke which can be balanced with the ice bath to cool down the body.
How you can prevent heatstroke?
In the case of a high heat index, a suggestion is to stay in a ducted air conditioning Sydney environment. If you urgently have to step outdoors, follow the following steps to prevent the occurrence of heatstroke.
- Prefer to wear light color clothes that are loose-fit on your body. Also, wear some accessories to get an escape from the sun exposure.
- Always wear sunscreen while stepping out in the sun. Use a sunscreen that has good SPF to protect damage from UV rays.
- Keep on sipping fluids to keep your body hydrated. Summer heat stroke causes dehydration which you have to balance out by filling the liquid amount into the body. Prefer drinking fruit and vegetable juices to balance the liquid inside the body. Extreme heat can cause you to suffer heatstroke and this tip can save you from it.
- You need to be extra careful while doing exercise or working outdoors. It is advised to take at least 24 ounces of liquid before starting the exercise. There are 8 ounces of water during exercise suggested even if you are not feeling thirsty.
- Reduce outdoor activities when the sun is at its peak. Or you can shift the time to the coolest duration when there is less risk of sun exposure. Early morning or evening is the best time to go outside.