Looking for the solution to remove duplicate items from PST file? Suppose you are restoring your PST file through your backup data and you will see there are lots of duplicate emails in your inbox after restoration is completed. We know that it is a bit of a frustrating scenario, hence to overcome this issue in this write-up, we are going to discuss how to delete duplicate items from a PST file.
As we know backup is one of the prime rescuers for every user when they lose their important data. Mostly backup files are automatically generated by most of the email clients. Microsoft Outlook is one of them, which creates the backup file during the execution of the inbox repair tool wizard. So, in the case of PST file corruption, users can use these BAK files to restore their PST files.
Generally, when you configure a POP3 account in Outlook. It stores all data like email, contacts, calendar, tasks, and notes on your PC inside a PST file. So, when you are creating a backup of your Outlook PST and if there are duplicate emails present in your PST file, then it will also appear in your .bak file too.
Reasons Why Duplicate Items Generated in PST File
As we mentioned above, you may face several consequences due to duplicate PST files in Outlook. Therefore, in this section, we are going to discuss what are the causes of duplicate files in the Outlook program and why it is important to remove duplicates from a PST file?
- Receiving the same spam emails in Outlook from different companies, some of the companies repeatedly send the same newsletter or emails which creates a duplicate inbox.
- If the user enables the option to leave a message on the server then Outlook automatically generates multiple replicas of the same emails.
- Continuous synchronization of Outlook email with multiple devices like another laptop, mobile tablet.
- Third-party antivirus programs also create duplicate emails in the Outlook PST file.
How Can I Remove Duplicate Items From a PST File Manually?
There are several methods to remove duplicates from the Outlook PST file. Some best ones are mentioned and explained below. So, you can opt for any method as per your needs.
Method:1 Remove Duplicates from Using Import/Export Wizard
Users can remove duplicates from the Outlook PST file by using the import/export features. So, follow the listed below steps to complete the process.
- First, open Outlook and click on File option >> Open & Export >> Import/Export Option.
- Now, select Import from another program or file from the Import/Export Wizard >>> Next.
- After that, choose Outlook Data File (.pst) and click on the Next button.
- Now, click on the browse button to browse the .pst file and tick on the Do not import duplicate option >> Next.
- After all the settings, click on the Finish button.
Method 2: Remove Duplicates from PST File Via Clean Up Tool
Microsoft offers a clean-up Tool that will help you to remove duplicate files from Outlook.
- First, start Outlook.
- After that, click on the cleanup tool from the ribbon bar and expand it.
- When you expand it, three options will be displayed and that is clean up a conversation, clean.
- Up folders, and clean up Folder and Subfolders.
- Now, choose the clean-up folder & Subfolder option.
- Now, a dialog box will pop up, asking whether to proceed with the clean-up or cancel? Simply click on the clean-Up Folder Option.
- Click on the setting option to enter the deleted items folder.
- After clicking on settings the Outlook options window will open. Click on the Browse button.
- Now, choose deleted items and then click on the OK button.
- After all the settings, click on the clean Folder option to remove duplicates from PST files in Outlook.
Professional Solution to Remove Duplicate Items from PST File
As we said above, there are some obstacles that appear while using the manual method. So, if you are looking for a simple and reliable solution to remove duplicate files from Outlook, then go for the professional solution. The best Outlook duplicates remover tool is one such advanced application that easily deletes all duplicates from PST files in Outlook.
This software allows users to remove the duplicates from multiple Outlook PST/OST/BAK files at once. As well as create a report containing all details of a duplicate item after cleaning up the duplicate file from Outlook.
In this technical write-up, we have discussed the best solution to remove duplicate items from PST file. We compare both manual and automated methods for the exact solution, but the manual method contains some drawbacks which are mentioned above. So, we recommend you go with the automated solution for the hassle-free and instant solution.