– Have your sofa cleaned every 3 months. Steam and dry clean can help you keep it free of dirt and stains. If you have pets, regular cleaning is a must as fur and dander can cause allergic reactions in some people. Your couch should be vacuumed at least once a week to remove loose particles that accumulate over time. Do not hang your drapes or other items on the back of your couch as material dust can settle into upholstery fabrics which will become impossible to remove.
– To clean spills use a mixture of water and vinegar with 1 tablespoon of tea tree oil added to the mix. It will kill any germs, neutralize odors, grease, disinfect surfaces and leave no harmful residues.
– Fabric sofa cleaning should be done immediately after your pet has left his accident behind. Use warm water and mild detergent to spot clean the area until it is completely removed. If a stain remains, use a mixture of 1 teaspoon of salt and lemon juice on the stained area and let it dry in the sun. You can also add a little olive oil or mineral spirits to remove any stains that remain after this treatment process.
Clean Your Upholstery Once Every 3 Months
– Clean your upholstery once every 3 months by vacuuming first with a soft brush attachment. Rotate couch cushions to ensure all parts are cleaned thoroughly, paying special attention on seams for trapped soil, dead skin cells or animal hair which could cause allergic reactions if they are not removed from your sofa.
– Remove dust from the back of your couch by running a soft bristled brush behind the cushions and along seams to pull out any trapped material. You can also vacuum underneath your furniture, but be careful not to scratch the wood with the rotating brush.
Steam Clean Your Couch Once Every 3 Months
– Steam clean your couch once every 3 months if you wish to keep allergens and dirt at bay and maintain that fresh smell in your home . Use a mixture of 1 cup white distilled vinegar and 2 quarts of warm water in your steam cleaner to disinfect surfaces before using it on upholstery fabrics. Always spot test first in an inconspicuous area to check for colorfastness and suitability. If steam cleaning is not available or if you do not own a steam cleaner, hire a professional sofa steam cleaning service once every 3 months.
– Clean spills immediately by blotting them with a cloth. Blot again with paper towel and rub in small circles to lift out the spillage. Once complete, brush over the area to ensure all loose material has been removed before vacuuming it.
– Brush between cushions regularly using a soft bristle or horsehair brush to remove dead skin cells and dust which may settle there. Doing this will reduce allergens and keep upholstery looking like new for longer.
– Avoid placing cushions on top of each other when not in use as dirt can be ground into the fabric underneath them very easily which is why we recommend that you rotate cushions once every three months. If you are not able to rotate cushions because it is impractical for your situation, at least vacuum or dust under them once a month.
– To keep the fabric clean, use only approved cleaning products which are non-toxic and mild to reduce any chance of damage to upholstery fabrics. Follow all manufacturers’ instructions on care label for safety first.
Hire A Professional Fabric Sofa Cleaning Services
– Hire a professional fabric sofa cleaning services sunshine coast once every 3 months if you feel that your sofa needs it. It could make all the difference between having an unsightly stained couch or one that looks pristine.