Garmin Express is a free desktop application for both Windows and Mac OS, and it is useful in updating and managing Garmin devices. This app can assist you to manage your content, update software, maps, golf course, marine charts, and a lot more.
But in recent times, some of the users have reported that Garmin Express is not working or they cannot install Garmin Express on the system. If you’re encountering the same issue, don’t worry. In this blog, you will learn about feasible methods to fix the Garmin express not working issue.
How to fix the Garmin express not working issue?
The following are some of the possible solutions that may help you get rid of the Garmin express not working issue.
Solution 1: Ensure eh system requirements are met
From the beginning, on the off chance that you can’t install Garmin Express on your Windows PC, maybe the system requirements of the application are not satisfied. Simply check the system requirements below:
- Operating System: Windows 7 SP1 or new version, Microsoft .NET 4.5.2.
- Display: 1024 x 768 display and USB port.
- RAM: 1 GB.
- Hard Disk Space: You may require up to 20 GB of free space.
- High-speed Internet: at least 20 Mbps.
Now, it is advised to check your system specs and prepare with the requirements. On the off chance that a few components don’t meet the necessities, update them right away.
Solution 2: Update windows and the application
You ought to likewise ensure the application you are attempting to install is the latest version. On the off chance that you can’t launch the installed Garmin Express, try updating it. Once you find that there are any available updates on the official website, don’t shy away from downloading the latest version and reinstalling it.
You need to connect similar significance to your Windows update, as the new updates might contain bug fixes for the software issue. You simply need to:
- Press Windows + I to open Settings.
- Navigate to Update & Security > Windows Update.
- Tap on Check for updates in the right pane and install any available updates according to the onscreen instructions.
Solution 3: Use compatibility mode
If you encounter an issue with Garmin Express not working, perhaps your current version of Windows doesn’t support the application. For this situation, you can run the program or the installer in compatibility mode.
- Right-click the installer or launcher of Garmin Express and pick properties.
- Switch to the Compatibility tab, check Run this program in compatibility mode and pick a Windows version from the list. If necessary, you can likewise actually look at the Run this program as an administrator option.
- Tap on Apply and OK to save changes.
From that point forward, launch the program/installer to run/install Garmin Express again to check to assume the issue has been settled.
Solution 4: Install the latest .net framework
The “Garmin Express not working” issue could likewise have something to do with .NET Framework. To fix the issue, you want to install the latest .NET framework required by the software.
- Here’s what you should do:
- Open Control Panel and head to Programs > Programs and Features.
- Tap on Turn Windows features on or off in the left pane.
- In the pop-up window, make sure you uncheck all the boxes of the items containing .NET Framework to turn them off and tap on OK.
Now, go to the official download page of the .NET Framework and pick the latest version to download. Then, at that point, install it according to the onscreen instructions.
Solution 5: Remove corrupted configuration files of Garmin
On the off chance that Garmin Express won’t launch on your Windows PC, maybe its configuration files are corrupted. You can delete these configuration files to allow the program to regenerate new configuration information to fix the issue.
- Tap on Windows + R to open the Run window.
- Input %localappdata% to open the Local folder in File Explorer rapidly.
- Search for the Garmin folder named with _or_its_subsid and delete it.
- Once it’s done, restart your computer. Now, the Garmin Express should work properly again.
How to resolve the issue of Garmin express not finding a device?
On the off chance that time is short and you don’t need a thorough step-by-step, follow these quick instructions to get your Garmin Express recognizing your Garmin device!
- Cross-check that your Windows or Mac runs the latest version of its operating software. If an update is available, always make sure to update first.
- Update Garmin Express to its latest version.
- On the off chance that you didn’t securely eject your Garmin device previously, restart your PC.
- Log into your Windows or Mac using an Admin user account.
- Utilize the original cable that came with your Garmin device or purchase a Garmin-branded replacement.
- For Macs, actually, look at your security settings in System Preferences > Security and Privacy > Privacy > Files and Folders.
- Checkmark removable volume underneath Garmin Express.
- Uninstall Garmin Express and reinstall it with the most recent update, then, at that point, restart your PC.
- For Macs, install Android File Transfer.
When the users report for Garmin Express not working or they cannot install Garmin Express on the system, it is advised to make use of the above-mentioned troubleshooting tips. If you’re still experiencing this issue, then you can contact the Garmin Express helpline to fix the Garmin Express not working issue.